Category Archives: community

Joining Google

Starting next month, I’ll be a Googler. To my great surprise, I’ve been at SitePen two and a half years. It has been nothing short of wonderful which may explain why it doesn’t feel like it has been that long. When I look back at what we’ve accomplished it’s also surprising that we’ve been able […]

ZendCon Notes

I gave a talk on Dojo Wednesday at ZendCon, and when I walked into the room for the talk, there was some disorder as the conference center staff were taking out the tables to fit more chairs in. Even with the extra space, the room was totally packed, thanks in large part to the amazing […]

Dojo’s Query System: No, Really, It’s That Fast

As outlined by JQuery lead John Resig in this post, it’s hard not to notice how much Dojo’s query engine stomps on the the competition on current browsers. Dojo will load even quicker when we’re able to remove the XPath branch in the query engine which is currently only being kept on life support for […]

Chandler 1.0!

Somehow I missed this last week, but OSAF’s Chandler super-PIM just went 1.0. It’s been a long time in coming, and the result isn’t what I had at all expected. Instead of being an “email client++”, Chandler 1.0 is a calendar and task management tool that happens to be super-savvy about talking to your existing […]